I am a London-based comedy performance poet - with a 25-year background in communication management and mentoring - who uses poetry (writing and/or performance) to develop literacy, confidence, self-expression, self-esteem, creativity and presentation skills in 5-105 year olds.
I make language fun and accessible for the least engaged but also stretch and challenge the most able.
I am a true performer too, with a 24-year track record of appearing in West End comedy clubs, poetry clubs, theatres etc, so I perform my comedy poetry in all my workshops. Many of my poems are interactive - so everyone can join in!
My company of one is aptly called Confidence in Communication through Comedy Poetry Ltd, or CCCP Workshops for short. All CCCP workshops are unique, informal and presented by me, Neal Zetter
Who will Benefit?
My workshops can be tailored to suit:
- primary schools, secondary schools, special schools, colleges (inc EAL, G&T, SEN, reluctant readers, low literacy, low confidence students/pupils, those 'in transition', family learning etc). I also run Insets for teachers.
- youth offending teams, pupil referral units and behavioural units
- arts organisations
- libraries, archive services and museums
- NHS (drug, alcohol, mental health, brain injured patients, elderly etc)
- other public sector
- charity and voluntary sector
- private companies.
In fact any organisation or educational establishment committed to developing its people, pupils or students and the way they communicate.