Neal Zetter - Poet, Author, Entertainer
I started CCCP Workshops in spring 2005. It consists solely of me - comedy performance poet, author, entertainer and workshop leader, Neal Zetter. My experience includes:
- Hosting thousands of workshops and events in all 33 London boroughs and many more UK towns and cities for children, teens, adults, families and seniors from the least to most able and anyone in between.
- Winning awards and acclaim for my books Bees in My Bananas, It's Not Fine to Sit on a Porcupine and Here Come the Superheroes (Raps and Rhymes to Save the Galaxy).
- Securing a major publishing deal with Troika Books in 2015.
- Performing since 1989 in West End comedy and poetry clubs, theatres, pubs, music venues, schools, colleges, the Royal Festival Hall, private parties etc.
- Running my own adult comedy spoken word events from 2009 where I put together, promote and compère shows featuring established and rising poetry, music and stand up comic talent from across the UK.
- Hosting adult comedy poetry evenings featuring John Cooper Clarke, Michael Rosen, Attila the Stockbroker and Kate Tempest and many more.
- Releasing a 16-track adult poetry CD in May 2008 - `Scrabble on Sunday'.
- Featuring in the London Evening Standard's `Get London Reading' literacy campaign in Jan 2012.
- Spending 25 years in senior management, communications and mentoring roles prior to taking up poetry full-time.
- Having several poems published on/in e.g. major London bus routes, the Guardian newspaper, Caterpillar Magazine, Poems About Families (Anthology compiled by Brian Moses), Amazing Magazine, I Bet I Can Make You Laugh (Anthology compiled by Joshua Seigal) and many more.
Far too many to mention them all but here are a few highlights:
- Extended Resident Poet projects (2006-present) at St Mary's Priory Catholic Primary School and St Ignatius Primary School, both Haringey, Northwold Primary School, Hackney, Downsell Road Primary School, Davies Lane Primary School, Selwyn Primary School, all Waltham Forest.
- Patron of Reading (2015 to present) in The Hyde Primary School (Barnet), Heathmere Primary School (Wandsworth), Willow Bank Primary School (Bexley).
- Secondary projects (2006 to present) to engage reluctant readers at Lampton School, Hounslow, Whitmore High School, Harrow, Newman Catholic College, Brent, Hampstead High School, Camden.
- Resident Poet for `BBC Children in Need' project at Northgate School for teens with mental health issues, Edgware Hospital, 2012-14 and frequent workshops with similar young people at Newham Community Hospital, 2009-2015.
- Resident Poet with adults at Homerton Hospital Brain Injury Unit, 2008-9.
- Resident Poet at Enfield's and Hounslow's KS3/4 PRUs for excluded teenagers, 2008-11.
- G&T Poetry Masterclasses with all Enfield primary schools, 2009-10, and a dozen primary and secondary schools in Gravesham Excellence Cluster (Kent), 2009.
- Workshops for adults with mental health problems at St Mungo's homeless charity, The Black People's Mental Health Association, Brent Libraries, Barking & Dagenham Arts, Young Minds, Waltham Forest Social Services, Think Arts etc.
- Presentation Skills seminars for adults in places of work and teens in schools in various locations.
- Staff Insets in numerous secondary and primary schools.
- Fun holiday activities for children in libraries, youth centres etc in over twenty London Boroughs.